Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2008 resolutions... a glimpse of achievement

i need to change
nearly coming to new year 1430H
n 2009M

i had some 2008 resolutions right before 2007 ended

the resolutions are:

1. to get a stable, permanent and secured job - done

Alhamdulillah, after a number of applications, interviews, tests n etc, i was offered job as English teacher at Kolej MARA Kuala Nerang. i accepted it and now here i am.

2. to buy something for myself - done
Yes, i've bought something; laptop, novels, shoes, handbags (i'm crazy bout handbags now ;p).
i even bought a car - By, luv ya ;-)

3. to eat whatever i like without thinking bout the cost - done
i also got to eat whatever i like and crave for as i have my own money from my hard work. it may sound like a usual thing for others to eat at McD, KFC, sushi etc without thinking bout the cost, but for me, when i was a student, i couldn't do that.
i need to think a lot before buying such food as it costs bout a week lunch at eateries in the college. in addition, i also need to buy books and pay for photocopies, this, and that.

3. to go holiday - done
my dream is to go to Japan, Austria or Holland.
i want to touch the snow, to hold tulips and to eat great sweet chocolates.
but i can't afford that.

so
i create another affordable dream
i want to go to Cameron Highlands
to breathe in fresh cold air and feast my eyes with blooming roses and greenery of tea and veggie plantations.
*i went there when i was in school - but it just a short trip and i didn't bring a lot of money.
*i went there with my family during a public holiday - but we didn't make it to the top, traffic congestion

so, i tell myself that
no matter what
i want to go there again, this year, 2008

the chance came
it was after presented a paper at a conference in USM last october
my sisters, Kak Ju and Kak Na, planned to go to Taiping, to visit the zoo and the lake garden
they brought me and my lil sister, padi
on the way
i asked them
what are other great places in Taiping?
how far it is from Taiping to Cameron?

they discussed
and without telling us,
they didn't go into the exit to Taiping
instead continue to Simpang Pulai exit!

Alhamdulillah ;)

the air was cold
the temperature is 16celcius degree
they said it was the coldest they've ever experienced - they've been there a lot of times
we managed to check in at a hotel although there were too many visitors at that time
we went to Pasar Malam Brinchang
we bought strawberry slippers, strawberry scrunchy, strawberry pouch, strawberry this and that
thanks to kak Ju and Kak Na - sponsors of the shopping



4. to love and to be loved by someone - not sure
i may have or have not achieved this resolution.
i was in a relationship with a guy who accepted me as who i am and i also accepted him as who he is.
my friends said that we look good together.
however, before i actually told him that i love him,
he confessed his real status - a divorcee with 3 cute lil angels. just at the right time.
so, i just continue to be his friend.

for the time being
there are 2 guys who continuously call and sms me
there is 1 guy whom i meet and talk almost every day

the first guy
- was my secondary school junior
- a student of degree in electrical engineering
- good looking, caring and tender but 3 years younger than me
- it has been three years since i know him - i accidentally know him through Yahoo Messenger
- he's getting more loving day by day - he always calls and sms
- he says that he loves me - but i don't want to believe it as he might just playing around (well, he is young and cute, it is impossible that he doesn't have any girlfriend yet)
- in addition, i haven't meet him

the second guy
- an e-friend of padi
- a government servant
- not very good looking but macho, nice and gentleman - 27 years old
- i know him for about three months
- haven't confessed his real feelings towards me
- we talk and discuss through phone calls and sms
- sometimes he didn't reply my sms - i did so to him too
- i've meet him once

the third guy
- a guy next door - he stays at her aunt's which is in front of my house :-)
- a diploma holder - working temporarily to continue his study in degree
- good looking, nice and caring - 2 years younger than me
- i saw him since the day i moved in - bout 9 months- but i just got to know him for bout 4 months
- he always waits for me to arrive home after work ( it might be just my feeling - but he always stands in front of her aunt's house and looks at the road and suddenly smiling when he sees my car drives in the street)
- he was quite my hero - he gave a hand when there was black out at my house
- we got to know more bout each other when i taught him bout MUET
- for the time being, he visits and talks to me whenever i tend to my little garden ;-) in the evening
- i don't have his phone number though

therefore,
i just live my life as usual
continue having the three of them as part of my life through chatting, talking, sms-ing
evaluating and assessing the compatibility to be life partner (if and only if they feel the same way towards me too)

and also still searching and finding the soulmate
the one who can really accept me as who i am
and i can also accept him as who he is ;-)

No comments: